Friday, October 8, 2010

The reigns

At some point last night
my mood shifted to a different side of me.
I felt like doing something crazy.
I felt like taking a chance.
And I also felt very sexual.

Though we all know I'm not the kind of guy
who looks for a hookup...
The thought crossed my mind.
There are certainly plenty of women I know
who would have no reservations if I wanted to have some fun with them.
But I came right home after work.

If I had a girlfriend,
she would've had one hell of a night.
Not just sexually..
I would've made it a night to remember...
even on short notice.

Alas..I am alone.
Not that it's a bad thing.
I don't want to jump in too fast with anyone.
I must keep my bearings.
I must stay level headed.
I must not lose my heart before there's a place to put it.

My heart is battered and bruised
But it is still stronger than most..
and braver than most.
Which is why I must keep the reigns on my heart..
otherwise, he just may be a little wreckless.

So I continue to walk my path..
enjoy my surroundings..
and the people I meet..
and the people who walk with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment