Monday, October 18, 2010

Balance

I believe I've been knocked off balance recently.
I think it's important for that to happen from time to time..
that way you keep yourself in good practice for when things really go awry.

This time it was a pleasant swing.
One that let me peak around the corners of my life
and see what I couldn't see before.

The best part of being knocked off your center...
is that when you try to find it again..
you realize your center has moved slightly.

It's kind of like a soap bubble floating in the air.
As it changes shape because of outside influences,
its center fluctuates with the gentle flow of the walls.

So in life, we must adapt to the ever-changing walls around us.
Focus on the elusive center
And welcome that challenge.

--------------------------------------

I have come to a crossroads in my life...
several of them, actually.
One in my career.
One in romance/love.
One in my finances.
One in my creative outlets...
The list could probably go on.

So what does this mean for me?
Changes are coming.
Some I have to deal with soon.
Others I have the luxury of waiting a little while to decide.

But, as always, I will be guided by God and His gentle ways.
I just have to remember to keep my mind quiet
so I can hear the soft whispers
and understand my steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment