Sunday, January 17, 2010

Your hold is released

For over a year your hold on me has been unbelievable. I wanted you and no one else. Even when I went on a date to try to let go of you..no one was able to make me stop thinking about you.

I saw a future for us that could've been great, but the distance you kept yourself at stopped that future before it started. I still wanted to be with you..and at some level, you wanted to be with me.

I started putting all my effort into letting go of this feeling...going on more dates, meeting more people...but I still knew that even if I found someone great and began a relationship with her, and you came up to me with all your strength and beauty, I would throw myself in your arms and become the cheater I never was before.

No one compared to you. Then I met someone else. We spent time together. We went on our first date. This time it was different. I forgot all about you. Not once during all the time we spent together did I think about you....

Then we shared our first kiss. A kiss that for the first time in a long time I had no one in my mind besides the person I was kissing. Her alone.

Now, as I sit here writing this, I can honestly say that I'm moving on. I suppose I'm a little sad about it in a way. After all, I did see us as a great match. Is it temporary? Only time will tell. I'm walking this road, and wherever it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment