Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pushing Through the Struggle

When did things change for the worse?
I'm feeling more distant from you...
     All of you.

I keep reminding myself
Things will get better
That I'll get through this
That it'll just take a little more effort
And I'll be back on my feet again.

I'm trying not to complain
I tell everyone I'm doing ok
...not to worry.
I lie to them
I don't know why.

I distance myself
I'm not even talking to my two best friends
At least not as much as I should
They have their own issues
And I can't add to their stress.

I'll deal with this
I've dealt with worse
I'll figure it out
I'll end up on top
...somehow.

This won't last
It's happening for a reason
God is always teaching me
And guiding me
I still believe everything He's shown me
No matter who says otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment