Thursday, March 25, 2010

Catching myself

This has been one of the hardest years of my life so far. I've been dealing with more stress than I can remember..and it's only March. My attitude has, thankfully, switched from the "why is this happening" attitude to a much healthier one.

Most of the stress has been the kind of stuff you can't really do anything about (death, illnesses and accidents) but the one source of stress that I can do something about is with the girl I've been seeing. Yes, she's great when she wants to be..the problem is she hasn't been treating me very well. I've been blowing it off and saying to myself that it's only because she's going through so much right now, but I'm starting to wonder if that's true.

I'm not going to leave her just yet. I want to see how this all plays out over the next few weeks (maybe months) before I make that kind of decision.

I am happy with how I was able to change my outlook though. I was starting to walk down a very dark path..one I've been down before and almost didn't make it out. This time I caught myself early though. I picked myself up and changed direction. I'm still working on getting my motivation back, but at least I have the right attitude to find it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment